This is my journey to completely, wholeheartedly, and unashamedly give control of my life to Jesus.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Make Some Noise

Bang! Bang! Bang! Not exactly the sound I wanted to hear at 2 a.m. but there it was. It had been a beautiful day and I had been busy outside and had unlatched the door on our screened in porch so I could go in and out. The bang was the reminder I had not latched the door back. The wind had come up and was blowing its way through the porch and banging the screen door as it went whistling on its way. As I lay in bed wondering if I could just sleep through it or if I would have to get up and latch the door, I had this thought- you need to make some noise.

I knew immediately that the Lord was about to give me an object lesson. God did not save me to be quiet. He saved me to proclaim His word wherever I go. He saved me to rejoice. He saved me to make a joyful noise. Sometimes I allow fear to latch my heart shut. I am afraid that I might be rejected. I am afraid of what others might think. I am afraid and I close off my testimony of God’s love. I latch my heart shut.

There are several references in God’s word comparing the Holy Spirit to the wind. It is the Holy Spirit’s desire to blow not just on my life but also through my life. As the Holy Spirit blows through my life I am moved to confront injustice. The wind of the Holy Spirit carries me to places I never thought I would go and gives me the power to do what I believed to be impossible. God used a banging screen door at 2 a.m. to remind me that my life was never meant to be lived tightly shut up and quiet. Steven Curtis Chapman says it this way

“Wake the neighbors

Get the word out

Come on, crank up the music, climb a mountain and shout

This is life we've been given, made to be lived out

So, la, la, la, la, live out loud”

So the bottom line on this Thursday is ---Unlatch your heart’s door and let the wind of the Spirit blow through your life and MAKE SOME NOISE!

Psalm 98:4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment