This is my journey to completely, wholeheartedly, and unashamedly give control of my life to Jesus.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Heart of Gratitude




Psalm 100 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.  2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.  3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.  4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.  5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow and the pumpkin pie is cooling on the counter, the pecan pie is in the oven, and I am overwhelmed by God’s goodness and faithfulness to me.  I have enjoyed reading the posts on facebook as my friends have stopped to thank God for one thing every day in the month of November. I have so much to thank the Lord for this year. 

One of my favorite quotes is “Gratitude fills the heart when the gift has been understood and wonder fills the soul when gratitude is expressed to the fullest.”   R. Zacharias

Psalm 100:4 says “ Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise.”

Gratitude will be followed by wonder as we allow praise to flow to the One who has blessed us. 
It is amazing to me that with God we never reach the end of who He is, but He continually draws us deeper and deeper into His love.  Thanksgiving gets us through the gates but then praise ushers us into His courts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment