This is my journey to completely, wholeheartedly, and unashamedly give control of my life to Jesus.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Get Your Head Into the Game




I just can’t make this stuff up!  This is just way to funny, odd, out of nowhere that I just have to write about it.  Good thing this blog is read by people who already know that the bubble on my level does not quite hit the center and  they love me anyway. So here goes.   On 10 -18-12 I posted a blog titled Oops there goes another rubber tree plant . . about ants based on Proverbs 6:6

Proverbs 6:6  Go to the ant, O lazy person. Watch and think about her ways, and be wise.

There was one fact about ants that I have been thinking about ever since.  Odd I know, but true.
“In certain ant species, the soldier ants have modified heads, shaped to match the nest entrance. They block access to the nest by sitting just inside the entrance, with their heads facing out like a cork in a bottle. When a worker ant returns to the nest, it will touch the soldier ant's head to let the guard know it belongs to the colony.”   http://insects.about.com/od/antsbeeswasps/a/10-cool-facts-about-ants.htm

That was just too good to let pass so I did some more reading.  (I LOVE GOOGLE)  Guess what!  There are other scientific sites that actually verify that certain ants actually use they heads to block the nest entrance from predators.  This is not like the commercial that reminds us that we can’t believe everything we read on the internet.  This stuff is real. 

Here’s what else I have found.
“Supersoldiers are produced with some frequency in at least eight Pheidole species found in the southwestern United States, generally in areas also inhabited by predatory army ants. Pheidole species apparently have evolved different strategies to deal with army ant raids; for example, while some species evacuate their nests and flee, others stay put and rely on supersoldiers for defense. When army ants attack, supersoldiers block nest entrances with their large heads, preventing invaders from penetrating the colony. The giants also use their extra large size to intimidate and fight off the enemy.” http://www.sciencefriday.com/blogs/01/10/2012/supersoldier-ant-evolution.html?series=2

In a laboratory colony, a Cephalotes rohweri soldier demonstrates how she uses her massive head to block the nest entrance. She is essentially a living door. http://www.alexanderwild.com/Ants/Taxonomic-List-of-Ant-Genera/Cephalotes/8714635_7JRV9K/837313118_iaHZU#!i=837313118&k=jsdXn5g

Where exactly am I going with this you may well be asking.  Intercession.  Anyone who knows me even just a little can verify that all roads lead back to prayer in some way in my mind.  


Soldier ants use their heads to plug the entrances to their nests and keep intruders from gaining access.



She is essentially a living door



How cool is that - a living door!

Ezekiel 22:30 “I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn't have to destroy the land, but I found no one.

As I close out my blog for 2012 I leave you with this thought - it is time we get our head in the game and become living doors.  It is time to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment