This is my journey to completely, wholeheartedly, and unashamedly give control of my life to Jesus.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

No Provision for Retreat

There are many reasons I hate going to the doctor’s office. One, I am cheap and I don’t want to spend the money but when the pain becomes greater than my cheapness - I go. My first obstacle to hurdle is the scale. Why do they always have to weigh me? I have a pain in my side and it has nothing to do with my weight. I think more people would go for their checkups if they could just bypass the scale. Then they put you in a room and tell you to undress and put on the wonderful gown. It is made of white paper people – white paper!! What am I paying for this office call? You would think by now there would be a new design. A gown that as been updated and with some style – maybe hot pink. Something other than one size fits all but NO! I am just barely 5 feet tall and somewhere over 100 pounds and they give me the very same gown that they give a man 6”7 and 300 pounds. Is there no one with a brain?

Anyway I digress. I am thinking this morning about that gown. The nurse always tells you to put it on with the opening in the back. Opening is the optimal word. My whole backside is exposed for the entire world to see and I will say that is not my best side.

I am reading today about the armor of God.

Eph 6: 14 – 18 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Once again there is no provision for my backside. That should be a clue to us that God does not have in mind that we are going to turn tail and run at any moment in our lives. That is huge for me. Brave and courageous are not words that will be on my epitaph. I am more on the cowardly lion side of the coin.

So my friend if you are facing a difficult season in your life and you want to turn around and run – don’t! There is no provision for your backside. The good news is that God has well equipped us to move forward. Begin to sing praise to our heavenly Father. The enemy cannot stand to hear the sound of praise. If you want someone to join you, just let me know and I will be singing my little heart out right beside you. Full speed ahead

Everlasting God

------Chris Tomlin

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord

We will wait upon the Lord

We will wait upon the Lord (repeat)

Our God, You reign forever

Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting God

The everlasting God

You do not faint You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak

You comfort those in need

You lift us up on wings like eagles



No comments:

Post a Comment