This is my journey to completely, wholeheartedly, and unashamedly give control of my life to Jesus.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Don't Believe Everything You Think

I am alone.  I am afraid.  I want out.  I can barely make out shapes.  Nothing looks familiar.  Everything is hazy and clouded in dark shades of gray.  I try to move but I can’t seem to find my footing in this dark place. I try to find a way out, but I am surrounded by insurmountable obstacles.  I am a prisoner in . my. own . thoughts.
There are days when I allow myself to be a prisoner of war in my own mind.  I allow the enemy to hold me captive and torture me with fear, uncertainty, and lies of hopelessness and worthlessness.  I succumb to his intimidation and cower at his feet.  I am frozen like a marble statue in my thoughts.
The other day on facebook I read this saying, “Don’t believe everything you think.”  I wrote that down on a sticky note and put it on my computer.  Sometimes the simplest things make the greatest impact on me.  I want that sticky note stuck to my forehead.

 Our minds are a battlefield for good and evil.  Our minds are an entry point for Satan to gain a foothold from which he can infiltrate our entire life and reduce us to mindless zombies. The truth is that I am not Satan’s prisoner.  The truth is that I have been set free.

Don’t believe everything you think - Believe what the Word of God says..
The truth is that I am not alone.  

Hebrews 13:5b because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

The truth is I do not have to be afraid.

Psalm 27: 1 - 3 The Lord is my light and my salvation    whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life—    of whom shall I be afraid?  When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me,  my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.

The truth is that I do not have to allow my thoughts to paralyze me.


John 8:36  So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.  

Today I choose to apply the truth of God's word to my life. 

2 Cor 10:5b  
bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,


No comments:

Post a Comment