This is my journey to completely, wholeheartedly, and unashamedly give control of my life to Jesus.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

In The Morning I Will Give Him Glory



I am almost positive that there is a flower addiction intervention, that will be led by my husband, in my future.  Every fall after our first really hard frost, I head out to my berms, flowerbeds, and deck to get everything ready for the winter ahead.  Every fall, I swear that next year I am not going to plant any new flowers and I am not going to have as many flowers on my deck.  Then about mid-winter I start getting those spring catalogs from nurseries flaunting the new and improved varieties for spring and every spring I plant new flowers and add a few more baskets on my deck.  This spring would be no different. Early one morning I headed out to our light pole with a pack of tiny little morning glory seeds.  I carefully planted them at the base of our light pole with visions of the vine climbing its way to the very top of the pole and being covered with beautiful blue blooms.  After a few weeks, little plants shot up and I did my happy dance and watched over them like a momma hen over her baby chicks, making sure they were protected from the early spring cold air.  They began their climb upward and I smiled.  I placed string around the pole for them to climb on and here and there I strategically placed a nail for the vine to wind around.  The little vines continued their march upward.  They grew higher than I could reach so out came the ladder as I continued to make a way for them to go even further up the light pole.  I waited expecting any day for a bloom to appear.  Nothing.  I fertilized, I watered, I waited.  Nothing.  By midsummer there were still no blooms.  I googled morning glories to see why my little vines were not blooming and came away shaking my head.  I resigned myself to no blooms and debated whether to let them come back up from seed next year or buy a plant from the nursery.  Finally, it was late summer and still no blooms.  In October, we headed out to North Carolina to do a fall leaf tour in our vette up the Blue Ridge Parkway.  It was breathtaking and I took one picture after another.  After eight states in seven days we came back home.  As we were unloading the car, I glanced over and to my amazement the vine on our light pole was covered with beautiful blue and white blooms.  On that gorgeous October  morning they blossomed in all their glory.  I think God saved them as a special bouquet for my welcome home. 
I began to think of my journey with the Lord.  When I was just a little girl, God came and planted a tiny seed of His love in my heart with visions of His love growing in my life until one day I would show forth His glory. I know that He rejoiced as He watched His love take root in my life and begin to grow.  Looking back I can see that He has always had His watchful eye on my life making sure that I was cared for and protected. I wonder if He ever shook His head and wondered why His glory was not blooming in my life?  I know that He has strategically placed me in churches, in friendships, in situations where His love could continue to grow in my life and He has waited.  
Today as I reflect on His loving and tender care I can’t help but proclaim His glory.  Today is the day to show forth His love in my life.  So today I give my life as a special bouquet to the One I love.
1 Chronicles 16:29  (NLT) Give to the Lord the glory he deserves!
Bring your offering and come into his presence.
Worship the Lord in all his holy splendor.


No comments:

Post a Comment